Are you ready to make international sales? Export Basics helps you assess your export readiness, understand what you need to know and consider before pursuing an international sales strategy, and, when you are ready, develop and implement your export strategy.
The subsequent sections of Export Basics (see navigation to the right) — starting with Develop Your Export Plan — will help you develop and implement your export plan. Each section corresponds to the key components of an effective export plan — posing questions you should answer to complete your plan and providing resources to help you answer those questions.
- Take our Are you Export Ready? online readiness assessment to find out if you’re ready to pursue international sales. (Food and Agricultural Exporters)
- Read the ITA Blog on How the Commercial Service Helps Exporters
- The U.S. Commercial Service is pleased to offer you 4 ways to learn exporting.
- Need an introduction to exporting? Browse our step-by-step Basic Guide to Exporting.
- Watch our Are You Ready? and Going Beyond Borders videos to hear a U.S. Commercial Officer talk about issues you should consider before going global and to hear from companies that have worked with the U.S. Commercial Service to make international sales.
- Watch educational videos on how to Take Your Business Global. These videos discuss topics such as getting started, how to connect with your foreign buyer, and they highlight some case studies to show you just how easy it is to get started in exporting.
- Think export success is out of your reach? Read success stories about how companies like yours are succeeding in the international marketplace.
- Learn to sell globally from your e-commerce site with our Preparing Your Business for Global E-Commerce: A Guide for Online Retailers to Manage Operations, Inventory, and Payment Issues manual.